Users of the Subway Live IQ Login portal can access a wide range of features. The features include productivity reports, sales reports, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), WISR summary, cashbook records, employee check-in/check-out data, productivity trends, and real-time data. Managers or top employees in Subway restaurants can use the Live IQ software tool to monitor issues affecting profits and take proactive steps to resolve them in real-time.
Additionally, the platform makes it easy to track Individual Sales Transactions. In addition, they can view real-time information regarding employee check-ins and check-outs at restaurants.
You can keep your finger on the pulse of your business by utilizing the Subway Live IQ Reporting dashboard, which offers an expanded view of restaurant sales data. According to the settings of your user preferences, the screen that appears as your homepage will vary.
- 1 What Are The Login Steps For Subway Live IQ Portal?
- 2 How To Reset SubwayLiveIQ.com Account Password?
- 3 Subway Live IQ Login Portal: What Are Its Features?
- 4 An Overview Of Subway Live IQ App
- 5 A Guide To Subway Live IQ Administration Module
- 6 Brief Information About Subway
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Login Steps For Subway Live IQ Portal?
The detailed steps given below will allow you to login into the Subway Live IQ portal without any problems:
- Start by visiting the Subway IQ Login web portal at www.subwayliveiq.com.
- Afterwards, enter the username and password you were given by the company.
- After that, click the “Sign In” button below the login fields.
- Therefore, you will now be able to perform all functions through this login portal.
The dashboard displays the Store Readings report by default, but you can select a different home page. On the initial screen of the Store Readings report, the daily averages and totals for all restaurants are displayed. You can display the Same Store Sales Ratio Overview by clicking the right arrow on the right side of the screen, which provides comparative sales ratios that will help you evaluate each of your restaurants.
How To Reset SubwayLiveIQ.com Account Password?
Follow the detailed instructions below to successfully recover an employee or partner account on the Subway Live IQ web portal without a password:
- Go to www.subwayliveiq.com to access the official site.
- On the login page, look for the “Forgotten your Password” drop-down menu below the fields for logging in.
- The page now asks for an email address and a Sign-In name.
- Hit the next option after entering the requested data.
- Verify your account by following the instructions on the next page.
- Once that’s done, you’ll receive an email with a link to reset your password.
- To access the link, open the email and click on it.
- Enter your new password and confirm it here.
- Then click the “Submit” button.
- Now you can easily recover your account by logging into the portal with your username and new password.
Subway Live IQ Login Portal: What Are Its Features?
Logging into Subway Live IQ Login is beneficial for both employees and others who use the website. The following are some of those features:
- Users can review the sales performance reports for a particular subway restaurant for a day or a week through this portal. These reports include individual sales performance of each food or drink along with labor and food costs.
- A summary of the restaurants’ transactions can be viewed on this web portal by the employees. The transaction summaries include enhanced statistics from both current and past transactions. You can use the graphs feature for a better understanding of the transaction summary.
- Additionally, the web portal displays hourly totals for various statistics, such as productivity, sales, hours worked, average and actual units, and many others.
- In addition, users can access two types of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) regarding Owners and Restaurants. Both restaurant owners and managers can use these KPIs to gauge the performance of each aspect. So that they can take measures against the low-performing aspects.
- Also available on the web portal or platform are the End of Day Cash Book Records that show various aspects such as Taxable sales, paid-outs, deposits, and cash.
- The WISR Summary provides managers with access to all of the details regarding the sales reports of each aspect in the restaurants.
- On the web portal, managers can access the information regarding individual employees’ check-ins and check-outs instead of visiting the restaurants every day.
- Access the productivity reports and trends in real-time for an hour, day, or a week here on this web portal.
An Overview Of Subway Live IQ App
Using the Subway Live IQ platform as a mobile application can also get a better hands-on approach with a straightforward user interface. The Subway Live IQ App allows you to see a dashboard view of sales performance for your restaurant from your smartphone. You can view more than a dozen mobile-friendly reports that provide sales, productivity, and key performance indicator (KPI) data.
Globally, the Subway Live IQ App is available for SubwayPOS and Sub Shop/2000 franchises. You can use it to perform these tasks:
- Keep track of sales performance
- Check employee clock-in/clock-out information without having to be in the restaurant.
- Establish and maintain automated alerts for any restaurant KPI, and send them to multiple email addresses
- Establish alerts so that you and your managers will be notified in near-real-time of activities that affect your profitability, such as price adjustments, sales adjustments, whole order corrections, and other KPIs.
How To Set Up A Shortcut For Subway Live IQ Mobile?
- Go to the web browser on your mobile device and type SubwayLiveIQ.com into the address bar.
- Log in using your Subway Partners username and password when the login screen appears.
- When the Welcome to LiveIQ Mobile screen opens, press Enter (on-screen).
- If the Subway Live IQ logo appears on the screen, click it and follow the on-screen instructions to add the LiveIQ icon to your home screen.
The prompts vary by device platform.
|Official Name||Subway Live IQ|
|Used By||Subway Restaurants, and Managers|
A Guide To Subway Live IQ Administration Module
You can set your user preferences and select restaurant preferences in the Subway Live IQ Administration module. You can also group restaurants. This module also allows you to review notifications and alerts, as well as access Subway Live IQ training environments and user guides. Sending and composing messages is also possible if you have the appropriate permissions. The following functions are available to you:
Set Up Restaurants
With the Store Setup option, you can set up a new instance of Subway Live IQ on a POS at a restaurant, as well as view and update information already set up for a POS. You can set up by following these steps:
- Click the Admin button on the LiveIQ toolbar.
- Click on Maintenance, then Store Setup.
- To set up a new Live IQ Subway Login account, click Set Up New Live IQ.
- When the setup wizard opens, follow the prompts to set up LiveIQ.
Refer to the following guide for instructions on how to view or update Live IQ on a POS:
- From the toolbar of Subway Live IQ, click Admin.
- Click on Maintenance, then Store Setup.
- Click on View/Update Existing Stores.
- The screen displays a table listing each restaurant, as well as information regarding each POS that is set up for that restaurant.
- Follow these steps to update restaurant information:
- Click on the link in the table for the restaurant.
- Change the name or choose a different time zone.
- Once you have saved your changes, click Next to return to the table.
- Follow these steps to add a POS:
- Click on Add POS.
- If you want to assign a different name, enter it here.
- Save your changes and return to the table by clicking Next.
Use News and Notifications
You can use this option to view messages and alerts. The News & Notifications screen has two panels, one for informational messages and one for alerts. To switch between the two panels, click the vertical title bar.
- Click Admin in the Subway Live IQ toolbar.
- Click Notifications in the main menu.
- To view news messages, click News; to view alerts, click Alerts.
- Check the messages or alerts displayed.
- If the message includes a hyperlink, click the hyperlink to open a new browser tab that displays the linked content.
- Select the message or alert that you want to mark as read, then click Mark as Read.
- You can click Select All to select all of the displayed messages or alerts at once.
- You can delete a message or an alert by selecting it (or click Select All) and clicking Delete Selected.
Set User Preferences
By using the user preference option, you can customize your homepage (the page that appears when you log in to Live IQ Subway Mobile). Here are the steps you can follow:
From the Live IQ Subway Mobile toolbar, click Admin.
- Admins can find User Preferences by clicking Maintenance from the main menu.
- You can choose the landing group you want to see when you log in using the drop-down list.
- By default, All Stores will be displayed when logged in to Live IQ. However, you can use this option to reduce the number of restaurants and therefore reduce the time needed to load Subway Live IQ.
- Select the home page you want on the Preferences screen.
- On the selected page, a green checkmark appears in the top right corner. When you log in to Subway Live IQ the next time, your selected home page will be displayed.
Brief Information About Subway
Subway is a worldwide popular fast-food franchise known for its submarine sandwiches, wraps, beverages, and salads. Fred De Luca and Peter Buck founded the first Subway restaurant in Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States, in 1965. After becoming a fast-food franchise in 1974, it changed its name to Subway from Pete’s Super Submarines.
Their slogan is “Eat Fresh,” which indicates that the sandwiches are made with fresh vegetables and ingredients. One of the company’s main food products remains submarine sandwiches, which are available with various toppings.
The company opened its second restaurant in Wallingford Town, Connecticut, soon after opening its franchise. As of 2015, it had 37,540 locations in 100 countries worldwide, making it one of the fastest-growing food chains in the world.
Subway currently operates half of its restaurants in the United States. It should be noted that the company’s food products differ from country to country since it adds local flavors to attract customers’ attention. In addition to this, the company has achieved many other achievements over the years, such as being the world’s largest single-brand chain and the world’s largest restaurant operator.
More than 410,000 people work for the Subway Franchise in its restaurants worldwide. Subway’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is John Chidsey. But the company’s ownership remains with the De Luca family. In two Indian cities, Subway Franchise opened its first veg-only restaurants in addition to its non-veg restaurants.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can you avoid common web issues when accessing the Subway Live IQ platform?
Common web portal issues can easily be avoided by following some precautions such as updating the web browser, having a good internet connection, using a secure browser, and deleting cache and search history.
What are the features of Subway Live IQ Login?
Users of the Subway Live IQ Login portal can access a wide range of features. Features such as productivity reports, sales reports, Key Performance Indicators(KPIs), WISR Summary, Cash Book Records, Employee Check-in/Check-out data, productivity trends, Real-time data, etc.
How do I access Subway Live IQ?
The Subway Live IQ platform can only be accessed by individual restaurant partners and Subway franchisees (managers). Additionally, the platform in question is available in two formats, a website, and a mobile application. You can download the app or go to the website to access the platform.
In this article, we discussed several topics related to Subway Live IQ Login. In this article, we hope to explain how to access the portal, reset credentials, use the mobile app, login procedure, etc.